When you talk about retirement planning, a lot of individuals think of government pensions and the pension scheme provide by the employer. While the first is guaranteed the second one is not, and therefore this means one has to think of other of retirement planning apart from the two mentioned methods. Bruce Wayne illustrates different ways of planning for your retirement in the following article.
Retirement is all about having no responsibilities. It is generally thought as going on long vacations, spending time with grand kids. This is the case with only hard-working, and those with sound financial background. In order to have a secure retirement life it is important to have retirement planning and should be taken carefully.
ERISA (employee retirement income security act), 1974 allows companies to discontinue their defined benefit plan, and initiated defined contribution plan. Most people generally think that, they get guaranteed check payout from their employer after retirement like their grand parents, but this is not the case with defined contribution plans. With this plan, there is no guarantee and fixed monthly retirement income from your employer. With defined contribution plan every employee should act as investor, he should choose the investment to be purchased for his retirement. The problem with this new plan is that, every employee is an investor. Due to changes in the stock market conditions, moves up or down the investment value could change dramatically under these uncertain conditions; hence there is a need to think different to secure retirement life. This article outlines some of the tips under which you can plan your retirement life.
- Establish your needs: calculate your current expenditure and establish how much you may require after you retire. You can gather information on how much you may require approximately from other retirees, and find out how they made changes to their life after retirement. Let your family contribute some valuable ides about retirement life.
- Define your requirement: outline what might be your requirements after retirement. It is all about how you want to lead life after retirement, like costly medical help, high life style which impacts your retirement planning. The best time to plan your retirement is from your first job. The early you plan, you are left with more time to build your savings. The retirement planning is primarily about the investment, and risk involved in it. The higher the rewards, more the risk involved with investments. One thing which determines your quality of your retirement life is where you invest your money.
- Superior yield and rock solid security: this secured investment has over 15% average rate of return with no market risk. This is the only investment vehicle which retains its value irrespective of how stock market performs.
- Self declared Roth IRA’s: best retirement plans because they offer flexibility, maximize returns, controls and tax advantageous. With Roth IRA’s your investments will escape taxation when they are in your account.
- Gold: gold has been the ultimate hedge against uncertainty. It is most popular investments among the households and it provides highest return with less risk when compared to other investment avenues.
- TIPS: TIPS bonds are issued by the US government. These bonds are protected from inflation. They guarantee you fixed return minimum of 2% plus the inflation of each year. These bonds are one of the safest investment bet with no credit risk, liquidity risk and inflation risk.